My name is Victoria. I’m 24 years old, currently finishing off a Masters in Interpreting Studies at the University of Malta (M. Interp). I also hold a BA (Hons.) degree in English from the University of Malta (class of 2016), and currently am working as a teacher in an English language school and as a freelance proof reader. Currently, my plan (and dream) is to move out of Malta, which I am working very hard on fulfilling. I also intend on writing more and more academic pieces, hopefully leaving my footprint on the world of academia at some point.
I lived in Limerick, Ireland for 4 months at a point, which was a pivotal moment in my life. Though I love Malta for all its worth, Limerick was the place I truly matured and grew into myself. Living away from home was the bet decision I ever made, really.
As for the more personal things…
- I’m an Aries/ENFJ/Slytherin
- I’m an auntie to the best four year old in the world
- I have been acting for as long as I remember, and have also tried a stint at play writing and directing
- I love literature and all art forms
- My most defining feature is my curly hair and my very loud laugh
- I struggle with cognitive anxiety and clinical depression, which has cost me a lot of my energy, friendships, and relationships in the past, but is now something that I am learning to deal with
- I love to travel, and try to go to one new place ever year. I save up my money purely to travel as much as possible
- I grew up reading the Harry Potter series, which my older brother introduced me to
- Coincidentally, my older brother was probably one of my biggest influences growing up
- I firmly believe that the part of ‘Ariel’ (The Tempest) was made for me to perform, as was the part of ‘Angelo’ (Measure for Measure)
- I spent a good portion of my life thinking of myself as a ‘sad poet’. I don’t think I’ve moved past that part of my life yet
I hope this has created a bit of an insight about the person I am. I welcome any and all messages or questions that anybody has about my writing or about me.
Read my interviews below!